Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Content Writing Job

When I got that email from my first employer, I was really excited. He asked me to do some research work and content writing for his site, which is a Military Army resource site. I know nothing about content writing at first but I'm a very resourceful and diligent person so I found ways on how to effectively write content for a website.

These are the things I followed in content writing:

1. Use short, easy to understand sentences.
2. There should only be one idea per paragraph.
3. Use simple words.
4. Avoid vague sentences.
5. Create meaningful headlines and subheads.

Aside from this, I keep in mind that online readers are impatient and only scans the text rather that read word for word. So, I only write what is important. Fortunately, I passed the content writing screening and I got hired for the job.

I was paid $50/project on this job, that's 2,500Php/project in my currency. This is good because I can finish a project in just 3 days. I was given 10 projects at first. After I finished 10 projects, I was paid $500 or 25,000 Php through Xoom.com. I was very happy back then.

But the employer told me that he's still waiting for the budget for our next projects so I would have to wait for it. While waiting, I tried to look for other part time online jobs so my time won't be wasted. Can't imagine, how much could I have earned if the projects were continous.

Unfortunately, my employer told me that projects are postponed for an indefinite time so there will be no guarantee that I will be receiving future projects. That made me real sad but still I continued my quest on being a WAHM and find other ways to earn money online.

No comments:

Custom Search

Click here to get a FREE Paypal account!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.