Sunday, September 14, 2008

Online ESL Teaching

What is ESL? ESL is an acronym for English as a Second Language. I had an opportunity to be an online ESL teacher and essay corrector for IELTS21 Korea. Again, I applied through Bestjobs.ph and luckily I was accepted.

The job is mainly to correct the essays made by Korean ESL students and give recommendations on how to improve their written English. I am not in direct contact with the students but the administrator sends me copies of the essays and I email them back with the proper corrections and recommendations.

The job was fairly easy and I am paid $2/ essay corrected. But sometimes it gets really hard to understand how Korean compose their sentences and I get confused as to how to correct them. Also, if you do it for long periods of time, it gets pretty boring. Finally, I decided to let go of the job and tried to look for something that sparks my interest.

No comments:

Custom Search

Click here to get a FREE Paypal account!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.