Friday, September 19, 2008

A WAHM's Guilt

Working from home seems to be the best solution for mothers who want to take care of their children. I thought that having a job at home means I can be available 24/7 to my child. I never expected that I will have guilty feelings even if I'm devoting all my time earning a living and taking care of my baby.

Before, my baby can play independently for an hour. She doesn't mind me doing something else. This is why I consider working again. When I started with my online job, things have changed. Now, she suddenly craves for my attention.

When I sit in front of my computer, she makes her way in between me and the monitor. She bangs the keyboard. She taps my hand when I try to answer my emails. She takes my hand and try to pull me away from my work desk. Then she will flash her most endearing , bedimpled smile.

This is why I feel so much guilt. It makes me wonder if I am giving her enough of my time, love and attention. Is it too selfish to pursue a personal ambition for financial gain? Is it all worth it?

But in the end I just try to console myself that all the things I do is also for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've hit it on the nail sis. guilt is not only for those who leave the kids physically to go to work but also for those who leave mentally ;)

Madt said...

I can relate sis, my daughter is 2 years and 8 months and yes I feel guilty too because there was a time that she already slept 230 in the morning because I wasn't beside her...I was calling clients in the usa that time...

SuperWAHM said...

I found that excellent time management is the key! Concentrate on the things that really matters.

Custom Search

Click here to get a FREE Paypal account!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.